cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpajerski
Explorer ○○○

@fred495 ... If CC is agreeable to his posts (appropriate ones) being copied to here, please do so!!  His words are of strong interest/help in the greatly diminished pool of such here after the forum-software change a few months ago.

0 Kudos
fred495
Participant ○○
Re: Capecod Posting on Fidelity Investor Community

I hear you all, but since this is @TheRabbit's thread, and M* has not raised any objections so far, I assume that the OP will ignore YBB's post and continue to copy capecod's Fidelity posts here. I was really just pinch hitting for the OP.  

However, I would consider continuing in my role as @TheRabbit's backup, so to speak, if I can be assured that the OP has capecod's permission to copy his Fidelity posts here. As you may know, FD1001 does not want his Fidelity posts displayed on the M* Forum.

Fred

0 Kudos
archer
Participant ○

I wish the best for FD. I'm pretty thick skinned, and have benefited from his knowledge. I hope he will at least keep his bond OEF thread up to date on this forum.

0 Kudos
chang
Valued Contributor

FD has a style, just like everybody. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. His investment approach and mine are night and day, but he has often provided me with good feedback and food for thought.

There is one poster here who tries so hard not to say anything critical, offensive or controversial that he’s actually annoying as hell.

Let people be who they are.

norbertc
Contributor ○○

I'll email FD and ask him to come home.  He had lots of good ideas.  Also, it was too much fun teasing him about the hindsight statistical stuff.

Even this Hezbollah fanatic is upset that FD has stopped posting here and threatens to blow himself up.  Something needs to be done!

A1-24.jpg"We demand FD return!"

N.

Highlighted
cliff
Explorer ○○

@chang wrote:

“There is one poster here who tries so hard not to say anything critical, offensive or controversial that he’s actually annoying as hell.”

Now THAT is funny.  Clearly that’s not FD who hits all three of those high notes.   ;-)

norbertc
Contributor ○○

@cliff wrote:

@chang wrote:

“There is one poster here who tries so hard not to say anything critical, offensive or controversial that he’s actually annoying as hell.”

Now THAT is funny.  Clearly that’s not FD who hits all three of those high notes.   ;-)

I'm pretty sure Chang was referring to @Intruder.  Intruder is the reincarnation of Dale Carnegie.  He drives me crazy.  I wish he'd just come out and say what he really thinks.

0 Kudos
Gary1952
Contributor ○○○

That is not how the world works. Once something is on the internet it is fair game. FD1001 can't control anything except what he says and that didn't work here very well. If he was serious about not reposting he would have used a different screen name.

YBB is entitled to his opinion as you all are.

@fred495 wrote:
Re: Capecod Posting on Fidelity Investor Community

I hear you all, but since this is @TheRabbit's thread, and M* has not raised any objections so far, I assume that the OP will ignore YBB's post and continue to copy capecod's Fidelity posts here. I was really just pinch hitting for the OP.  

However, I would consider continuing in my role as @TheRabbit's backup, so to speak, if I can be assured that the OP has capecod's permission to copy his Fidelity posts here. As you may know, FD1001 does not want his Fidelity posts displayed on the M* Forum.

Fred

0 Kudos
jmrdnc
Participant ○

I followed PN's link to MFO and recognized some M* migrants, incl. 'rforno'.
Re: FD,
Junkster, a long-time regular there, is a master of newly issued bond funds and bond fund trading , who seemingly has influenced FD with fund suggestions, but FD adds info through PV stat comparison analysis and timing trends. 
Anyway, MFO is an interesting site.

PN
PN
Participant ○
Re: 2019 - Bond OEFs

Hey, I noticed Junkster and FD are posting on Mutual Fund Oberver – see thread ‘Why is M* so negative on IOFIX?’

https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/52504/why-is-m-so-negative-on-iofix

0 Kudos
Gary1952
Contributor ○○○

Good idea. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.....

;-)

@norbertc wrote:

I'll email FD and ask him to come home.  He had lots of good ideas.  Also, it was too much fun teasing him about the hindsight statistical stuff.

Even this Hezbollah fanatic is upset that FD has stopped posting here and threatens to blow himself up.  Something needs to be done!

N.

@chang wrote:

FD has a style, just like everybody. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. His investment approach and mine are night and day, but he has often provided me with good feedback and food for thought.

There is one poster here who tries so hard not to say anything critical, offensive or controversial that he’s actually annoying as hell.

0 Kudos
dtconroe
Contributor ○○

@Gary1952 wrote:

Good idea. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.....

;-)

@norbertc wrote:

N.

@chang wrote:

I support FD abandoning M* and taking his thoughts/ideas to Fidelity.  I support Capecod abandoning M* and taking his thoughts/ideas to Fidelity.  I support all of the FD and Capecod fans going to Fidelity to read the posts of these posters that they value. If M* has communicated to them rules of posting that they do not like, or choose to adhere to, then it is certainly their prerogative to move on to another forum where they feel more welcome.

Capital
Participant ○○○

@norbertc wrote:

N.

Although some of what FD posted does not yet apply to my current needs, I found what he posted and his unique approach to investing interesting and insightful. He is retired and understandable risk averse. I am still working at age 62 and will be  until age 70. In addition my wife will be working at least 11 more years. I am still taking on risk and seeking growth. Finding myself in FDs shoes in 15 years is possible; therefore, I may someday use some of the things I have learned from him.

Capital
0 Kudos
racqueteer
Participant ○○○

"where they feel more welcome"

That's it in a nutshell.  Like someone or not, their ideas are either valuable or they aren't.  Online, a person can be liked, tolerated, disliked, or hated.  People can respond to that person in those same four ways.  You probably have little choice in the former, but the latter is YOUR choice to make.

FD was hounded out of here; there's no doubt in my mind about that.  So, at a time when we are most in need, we have now lost yet another longtime poster.  Are we better for it?  I think not.

norbertc
Contributor ○○

@racqueteer wrote:

"where they feel more welcome"

That's it in a nutshell.  Like someone or not, their ideas are either valuable or they aren't.  Online, a person can be liked, tolerated, disliked, or hated.  People can respond to that person in those same four ways.  You probably have little choice in the former, but the latter is YOUR choice to make.

FD was hounded out of here; there's no doubt in my mind about that.  So, at a time when we are most in need, we have now lost yet another longtime poster.  Are we better for it?  I think not.

FD just replied to yesterday's email.  It's a lengthy, personal email, but Racq sums it up.  First, FD mentions a "brain drain" (the best posters have left).  Second, FD feels unfairly attacked.

He's right on both these fronts.  M* alienated Capecod and DI slowly stopped posting (I don't know why).  It's true that FD is controversial and I personally disagreed with him a lot.  There's nothing wrong with disagreement and friendly jibes.  But, some posters ridiculed him.  That's wasn't good.

Participant ○○

Seems like it was an appropriate time** for FD to (as I understand it based on other posts, simply "take a break" from M*, that is, NOT leave permanently, NOT die) stop posting here "for a while."  

** = The great bond OEF run of 2019 is just about over (it might already be over) and 2020 is shaping up to be a very tough year for bond OEFs (See 2018).   

Racing Yugos in 2020 will likely NOT be the great spectator sport is was in 2019, and anyone heralding an investment strategy based on putting the pedal to the metal on Yugos with momo will likely be SOL from both risk-adjusted TR and desire for legions of followers perspectives. 

BTW, I got very little out of his largely historical performance posts and arguments.  Risk-adjusted TR means nothing to my investment strategy or the amount of money in my portfolio or pocket.   

Also, seemingly lost on many of his legions of followers is the fact that the Yugos he reportedly raced in 2019 lost badly to the bond OEFs I thought were worth owning this year - see M* Long Gov't and LT Bond categories for examples.   

0 Kudos
dtconroe
Contributor ○○

Yep, there is a massive "brain drain" because we have identified 2 other posters, and now FD, who is fed up with M*.  And of course, FD is a victim and bears no responsibility for those mean M* investors who did not agree with him, or who complained about disruptive posts from him.  I was in Executive Management for almost my entire life, and I heard many employees say the same things about their employer.  Inevitably, the employee either got fired, or they voluntarily left for employment elsewhere.  It appears to me that FD is like a disgruntled employee, who finally decided to leave and go elsewhere, where he felt was more appreciated.

I hope FD finds his happiness/contentment at Fidelity, Mutual Fund Observer, etc. but it appears that M* has taken a position on his posting conduct, and I don't really care about FD's lengthy personal communications about how he was done wrong--he should put M* behind him and go be happy on the Fidelity and Mutual Fund Observer discussion sites.  

0 Kudos
jmrdnc
Participant ○

Actually, the entire TA forum crew has left.

0 Kudos
dtconroe
Contributor ○○

@jmrdnc wrote:

Actually, the entire TA forum crew has left.

I followed the TA thread for awhile, and it appeared to me that many of them quit posting when FD started actively posting on that thread, and when FD actually started the thread each month for awhile, so lets not jump to conclusions why many of those posters quit posting on that thread.  The impression I was left with, is that many of those posters did not respect FD, and did not like where FD was taking that thread.

0 Kudos
yogibearbull
Valued Contributor

Some posters have left because of the M* site changes. Others left because they couldn't operate under M* posting rules. Some had unsymmetrical posting behavior - they liked to berate and mock others but could not take criticism themselves.

Sure, capecod and FD1001 can resume posting at M* under its posting rules if they want to.

It is the routine re-posting of stuff from former posters who had trouble at M* that I have issue with. This type of proxy posting isn't right. I noted this early on in the Capecod...thread, and on the FD...thread soon after the talk started about possibly re-posting FD material [if only he approved].

Anyway, I am entitled to my opinion that proxy posting, besides being in bad form, may be in violation of M* posting rules.

YBB
0 Kudos
RickatMirage
Explorer ○

What I will miss about FD's postings was his extraordinary work supplying fund return data and objective risk/reward data. What I won't miss is his style of posting which, at times, can, at best, be described as confrontational. I wish him all the best, and hope he returns in the future.

0 Kudos
Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in