cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Vanguard Diehards/BU Appreciation Thread

Some 13 years after finding the Vanguard Diehards, I still find myself reminiscing about the old days here on M* when this site reigned supreme. What a lucky guy I was to find this site. It is all on the Bogleheads.org site now. But my memories are still here when the Diehards were here.

My many thanks again to Mel, Taylor, Paul & many others who were here during that time period. The knowledge I gained is irreplaceable. Maybe others have similar memories & would like to share. Either way, as we enter the holiday season, my very best wishes to those who were here, participated & remember.

Jerry

7 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer ○○

Re: Vanguard Diehards/BU Appreciation Thread

Glad we were able to help you, Jerry. You've been a solid contributor to the forum, passing along what you learned in helping others.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Best regards,

Mel

@cudaman wrote:

Some 13 years after finding the Vanguard Diehards, I still find myself reminiscing about the old days here on M* when this site reigned supreme. What a lucky guy I was to find this site. It is all on the Bogleheads.org site now. But my memories are still here when the Diehards were here.

My many thanks again to Mel, Taylor, Paul & many others who were here during that time period. The knowledge I gained is irreplaceable. Maybe others have similar memories & would like to share. Either way, as we enter the holiday season, my very best wishes to those who were here, participated & remember.

Jerry

(Paraphrasing my friend and mentor, the late Jack Bogle.)
Don't search for the needle in the haystack. Simply own the haystack.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer ○○○

Mel, that is so much appreciated. Thank you & my very best wishes to you, your family & friends in this holiday season.

Best,
Jerry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○

Hello all,

amazed this thread didn't get even the tiniest bit more love. It's been about 20 years since i found this discussion forum and have benefitted from it immensely. 

I'll echo the thanks to the original stalwarts, as well as to those brave/wise enough to branch out to a separate blog.

Thanks,

-ndanavy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@ndanavy wrote:

Hello all,

amazed this thread didn't get even the tiniest bit more love. It's been about 20 years since i found this discussion forum and have benefitted from it immensely. 

I'll echo the thanks to the original stalwarts, as well as to those brave/wise enough to branch out to a separate blog.

Thanks,

-ndanavy

The other 20 forums usually go against Diehard/Boglehead philosophy.  Such is the stuff of meaningful investing discussions, rather than a Mutual Admiration Society!  8-))

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

I'm also grateful for Mel, Taylor, Paul, and the others. Thanks to all of you helping me form my style  and my portfolio I have hit my retirement goal. I looked for all of your help around 2000. Now I have a new problem and put out a thread over in the investing during retirement forum. I for now have put my nest egg on the sidelines and am currently working on reducing risk as I approach retirement. Feel free to weigh in if you have the time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@bagels95 wrote:

I'm also grateful for Mel, Taylor, Paul, and the others. Thanks to all of you helping me form my style  and my portfolio I have hit my retirement goal. I looked for all of your help around 2000. Now I have a new problem and put out a thread over in the investing during retirement forum. I for now have put my nest egg on the sidelines and am currently working on reducing risk as I approach retirement. Feel free to weigh in if you have the time. 

I'm curious, @bagels95, did you also post your current situation/problem over on Diehards?  If so, what did they all say?  I am familiar with what others have posted on IDR.

ElLobo, de la casa de la toro caca grande
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Follower ○○○

EILobo

No I didn't do that. Maybe that would not be a bad idea. Possibly some of the Diehards stay mostly on the Vanguard discussions and have never seen it. After all I bought into the Diehard philosophy of investing that got me to the point where I have the 1.2 million dollar nest egg. Maybe they also have some good pointers on what to do when retirement is in the near future. 

0 Kudos
Announcements