cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
NoFriends1
Explorer ○○○

Where's ALLIND? Miss his Input!

Just treasured ALLIND'S Comments and suggestions in re American Funds. Haven't read anything of late from him, hope he's in Good Health and  Posts soon!

Signed,

NoFriends1

7 Replies
Juris2
Explorer ○○○

Re: Where's ALLIND? Miss his Input!

I second that comment. ALLIND, please call in!! I still have a lot of money in RERGX (Europacific Growth R6) and RNPGX (New Perspective R6) in my TIAA and Fido accounts.

0 Kudos
Recordman
Explorer ○

Yes, I Third that comment :) Hope all is well.

0 Kudos
cegibbs
Explorer ○○○

ALLIND was the absolute best poster!  Always provided sage, thoughtful, and sensible advice.  A true gentleman.

0 Kudos
yogibearbull
Contributor ○○○

Several posters didn't move over to the new Discussions - ALLIND, Delo..., etc.

This may change as some who previously said that they won't move did - RetiredLimmoman, Avvocato, etc.

YBB
0 Kudos
mlott1
Participant ○○

It would be nice to see ALLIND on this new forum.  I always enjoyed reading his posts, and for sure he helped a lot of us out by sharing his deep knowledge of American funds.  I always had the impression that he enjoyed helping out, and his posts were insightful and easy to read and understand.  I asked him for his thoughts on INPAX, one of the portfolio funds, and his response was extremely helpful, I printed it out and put it in my Big Book of Investing Stuff.  

Participant ○

I'm pretty sure ALLIND coined the priceless phrase,

"Volatility is the price you pay for growth."

I always knew that but never reduced it to that level of simplicity.

I got away from that universal truism for a couple of years after retiring, but got back to it in a big way after reading it posted here many times.  It's been a godsend to my retirement investment strategy and a big boost to my portfolio. 

NoFriends1
Explorer ○○○

I had the Honor of starting this thread/topic, and am very happy that all of you share my sentiments.

I echo the above observation[s] as to the clarity of his postings.

From my perspective, his greatest attribute other than constantly exhibiting character, class, and never, ever engaging in coarse, base  arguments Ad Hominem, is that I actually understood en toto, his analysis and advice.

I am in no way suggesting he ever ' dumbed-down ' his comments, he rather had/has the talent to make a  complex subject-matter understood by the average investor.

Truly wish him well, wherever he is in Life's Journey.

Signed, 

NoFriends1

Announcements

To learn more about the recent changes to Morningstar.com, please see the updated FAQ.

See recent posts and all our forums or access the old forums here.

You can read the community guidelines in