cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager RyanM Community Manager
Community Manager

Community Update - Subscriptions, Search Results, and More

Community Subscriptions

Did you know you can subscribe to topics, boards, and products on the community? Once you subscribe, you will receive email notifications when new posts are added. On the Direct or Office product page on the community, click the Actions menu and select Subscribe.

Subscribe.jpgYou can subscribe at the product level or the board level.
If you want to control the frequency of the email updates you receive, you can do so in your settings. Click your avatar in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, then select My Settings.

mysettings.jpg

On the My settings page, click Subscriptions & Notifications > Notification Settings. Here you can choose whether to be notified immediately, or in a daily or weekly digest sent to your email.

Notifications.jpgClick the drop-down menus to see the different options.
Community Enhancements

We've already made several improvements to the Morningstar community in 2019. Here are just a few:

1. Richer Auto-Suggest Search Results

When searching for content on the community, suggested results now provide more detailed information, including a text snippet, number of replies the post has received, creation date, and board name. 

SearchResults.jpg

2. Random Default Avatars

Previously, all new users were assigned the same default avatar upon registration. Now, different avatars are assigned at random, making the site more visually appealing. (If you want to change your community avatar, follow these instructions.)

3. Improved Community Notifications 

We updated our automated topic reply notification to make it easier for you to follow up when someone responds to one of your posts. The email now includes quick links to reply, give kudos, or mark a response as an accepted solution. 

ReplyEmail.jpg

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or comments about the community. I hope you all have a great week!

- RyanM